Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch> on 2001/12/10 11:20:06 UTC

Re: sharing microsoft experience (mozilla examples)

On Monday 10 December 2001 10:52, Marc van Kempen wrote:
> I started trying out the new mozilla
> javascript and came up with two possible solutions.

Your examples look good, but what I find missing is the ability to edit *rich
text blocks*.

For many applications, I think, documents can be structured as a number of
"text blocks with simple formatting" in a hierarchical structure (sections,
subsections, etc.).

I'd like the the user to forget about structure when editing one of these
blocks, while seeing the higher-level structure (sections etc.).

So, for me a killer criteria for a content editor is to allow the user to
visually edit these rich text blocks, containing for example bold, italic,
line and paragraph marks.

 -- Bertrand Delacrétaz, www.codeconsult.ch
 -- web technologies consultant - OO, Java, XML, C++