Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/09 05:14:23 UTC

[dbcp] digging for deps

Hi All:

Am I the only one who finds that the fact that the bin zip does not include
all the jars you need annoying as heck?

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [dbcp] digging for deps

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 7:19 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would find it annoying if the bin zip included dependencies that I
> already have, and don't need to download again.
> Or the bin zip was created a while ago and I already have more recent
> versions of some of the dependencies, so I have to tidy up the
> download.
>
> We should only provide a compiled version of the released source in
> the standard binary archives.
>
> However, if there were a separate zip with all the dependencies
> (assuming they can be distributed by the ASF) that would be OK by me,
> so long as it was clear what the bundle contained.

Like a "commons-dbcp2-2.y.z-bin-all-deps.zip" ?

Gary

Re: [dbcp] digging for deps

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.