Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Saunders Jack <ja...@volvo.com> on 2004/03/19 20:02:12 UTC

[users@httpd] Multiple Apache2 Instances

Today I have 2 apache 1.3.27 instances running on the same server.  The binary and all files are in seperate directories.  I have recently upgraded one instance to apache 2.0.48 without any problems.  However I have built the second instance with apache2 and tried to restart it and I get the following error:

httpd (pid 26823) already running

I have checked the Listen directive to makesure apache was not listening to all ip's and ports in both instances httpd.conf files.

Can this be done with apache2?

Thanks!

Re: [users@httpd] Multiple Apache2 Instances

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Saunders Jack wrote:

> Today I have 2 apache 1.3.27 instances running on the same server.  The binary and all files are in seperate directories.  I have recently upgraded one instance to apache 2.0.48 without any problems.  However I have built the second instance with apache2 and tried to restart it and I get the following error:
>
> httpd (pid 26823) already running
>
> I have checked the Listen directive to makesure apache was not listening to all ip's and ports in both instances httpd.conf files.
>
> Can this be done with apache2?

Did you choose a different --prefix when your ./configure'd apache?

If not, did you edit apachectl and httpd.conf to reflect all the correct
paths?

Joshua.