Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2012/01/19 14:43:39 UTC

Discuss: Move common-utilities to api

Hi all,

I propose we move the common-utilities project to the cxf api.
The API depends on this project and basically all other prohects in cxf
depend on the API. So I think it makes no real sense to split these into
two projects. Additionally we should try to move as many of the
common-utilities classes in core to make the API smaller.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Re: Discuss: Move common-utilities to api

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thursday, January 19, 2012 2:43:39 PM Christian Schneider wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I propose we move the common-utilities project to the cxf api.
> The API depends on this project and basically all other prohects in cxf
> depend on the API. So I think it makes no real sense to split these into
> two projects. Additionally we should try to move as many of the
> common-utilities classes in core to make the API smaller.

I'm +0.5 to this.   It's definitely something I've been wanting to do and it
really does make a lot of sense.  The ONLY reason I've been a bit hesitant is
that it will make back porting any fixes to common classes to 2.5.x  a bit
harder as the automated merge things won't really work well.   However, the
good news is that the stuff in  common has been quite stable lately so there
aren't a lot of them.    Anyway, I say "go ahead".   :-)

--
Daniel Kulp