Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Aswin kumar <pr...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/18 01:42:54 UTC

Regarding IRC/Slack Channel

Hi ,

Does Apache fineract have an IRC channel or a
slack(https://slack.com/) channel?
It would be great for a  project to have an IRC /Slack channel as it
is very useful to discuss trivial issues/queries and resolve them and
also response time is faster than discussing it on the mailing
list.For example setting up and building Fineract Project, one could
face many issues in the process of doing that.In other open source
projects which have communications channels like IRC /Slack ,
contributors get their project setup very quickly as help is available
instantly.This is just a suggestion to have a communication channel
(IRC/Slack) ; would like to here comments from other members.

Regards,
Aswin.

Re: Regarding IRC/Slack Channel

Posted by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org>.
Until I feel confident that non-trivial stuff is being handled on the dev
list, I will be opposed to starting a slack/HipChat/IRC/Hangout/Skype
channel.

Specifically w.r.t. build help for Mifos I/O, I will respond to emails in
an asynchronous manner. If someone has a weird, tricky problem, I'll
consider making an appointment with them (under they condition that they
commit to document our findings). I will *not* make myself 24/7 available
for quick questions. I have other commitments which I wouldn't be able to
fulfill if I did that.

There are not currently enough of us for that style of support for either
Mifos I/O or Fineract.

If those two things change (on-list discussion culture and project
participation) I would be willing to change my mind on this, but currently
I'm against it.

Greets,
Myrle