Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dink <tc...@ms.iii.org.tw> on 2006/03/17 10:11:38 UTC

Questions about "java:MSG"

Hello,
I need to develop a client and a web service to accomplish some message exchange.
The message exchange pattern is as follows:
1. The client sends an XML document to the web service to do some request.
2. The web service returns an XML document to notify the client that the request sent by the client is received and being processed.
3. The web service has finished the request and return the result to the client.

I have used the "provider=java:MSG" style to develop the web service to handle the incoming message.
But when I think of how to reach the step 3, I can't find any method signature provided by axis to do it.

The method signatures provided by axis are:

public Element [] method(Element [] bodies);
public SOAPBodyElement [] method (SOAPBodyElement [] bodies);
public Document method(Document body);
public void method(SOAPEnvelope req, SOAPEnvelope resp);

Every method looks like a simultaneous method except the fourth one. The simultaneous method I mean is that the client sends a request to the web service and receives a response from the service.
I think the methods provided by java:MSG can't fulfill my full requirements.
Can somebody point me some directions to solve the problem?
Thanks,

Dink Lo

Re: Questions about "java:MSG"

Posted by Ali Sadik Kumlali <as...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Dink,

I'm designing the same structure with Axis2 for my project. Although I'm not sure it's the best, I will implement 1th and 2nd as sync and 3th one as async. In this scenario, client must have a listener for the 3th.

But I don't know what the "java:MSG" is and how to implement async service with it.

Regards,

Ali Sadik Kumlali

Dink <tc...@ms.iii.org.tw> wrote:     Thanks for your reply. What you draw is really my  case.

 Message  1.                                      request
            Client ----------------> Server

Message  2.          ack response
           Client  <--------------- Server

... (time passes)

                     actual  result
Message 3. Client <---------------  Server

 I have thought of two kinds of  situation for the above case.
 The first situation, I regard the  message 1 and 2 as the synchronous message pattern
 and the message 3 is the  asynchronous one.  The second situation, I regard the three messages
 as the asynchronous messages.  I don't know which kind of situation is suitable for my  case.

 Besides, I don't know if the "java:MSG" provider  programming mode I used can fulfill the asynchronous case.
If it  can not achieve the asynchronous transmission, how can I do  that?

 Regards,

 Dink  Lo

Re: Questions about "java:MSG"

Posted by Ali Sadik Kumlali <as...@yahoo.com>.

[...]