Posted to dev@libcloud.apache.org by Troy Cauble <tr...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/30 12:26:44 UTC

[dev] Re: ssl and proxy issue "Failed to verify hostname"

Maybe I wasn't clear.  I said I initially *thought* it was a MitM type proxy
but then I replicated the problem with polipo an open source proxy
that is not MitM.

Also, ansible and other Python tools get through our corporate proxy
fine, so it may not be MitMing at all.

-troy

Re: [dev] Re: ssl and proxy issue "Failed to verify hostname"

Posted by Allard Hoeve <al...@gmail.com>.
Well, any HTTP proxy is technically MitM by design ;-)

Check if you can configure a SOCKS proxy, that type only forwards tcp
connections, leaving TLS intact.