Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Cormier, Matthieu" <ma...@abridean.com> on 2007/07/19 14:55:24 UTC

Myfaces 1.2 upgrading

Hello all,

I am attempting to upgrade our application to Myfaces 1.2 and have come
across 2 interesting issues.  Bot have workarounds but I was wondering
if they are bugs or not.

1.  The names of facets for tomahawk tree2 must be hardcoded and cannot
come from a bean.

So <facet name="#{someBean.rootNodeType}"> will not work but

<facet name="root"> will.

2.  Definition of a StyleClass can fail with the following exception:

javax.faces.convert.ConverterException: invalid style ''

        at
javax.faces.convert.DateTimeConverter.calcStyle(DateTimeConverter.java:2
03)

        at
javax.faces.convert.DateTimeConverter.getDateFormat(DateTimeConverter.ja
va:166)

        at
javax.faces.convert.DateTimeConverter.getAsString(DateTimeConverter.java
:125)

This was discovered because we use a conditional in our tree to define
styles dependant on the selected node.

styleClass="#{t.nodeSelected || node.container eq selectedContainer ?
'selectedContainer' : '' }"

The workaround is to define the empty style to a style that is not
defined.

styleClass="#{t.nodeSelected || node.container eq selectedContainer ?
'selectedContainer' : 'nullStyle'}"

Are these bugs or spec changes from 1.1 to 1.2?

--

Matthieu Cormier

Abridean Inc.

T: 902-442-5122 x 5145

F: 902-442-5101

www.abridean.com <http://www.abridean.com>

This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
Any review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail
by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender
immediately and delete the material from any computer

RE: [Addendum]: Myfaces 1.2 upgrading

Posted by "Cormier, Matthieu" <ma...@abridean.com>.
Hello Matthias,

We are using facelets instead of jsp, and the following xhtml file does
reproduce it for me:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets"
    xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
    xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
    xml:lang="#{view.locale.language}" lang="#{view.locale.language}" >
    <f:view>
        <h:form>
            <h:outputText value="#{beany.date}">
                <f:convertDateTime type="both"