Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Vinodh Srinivasasainagendra <vi...@uab.edu> on 2004/09/29 19:50:52 UTC

Configure Log4J for use with Java web start console

I am trying to configure Log4J to use with Java web start console.
I am using Java Web start 1.4.2_05 and Log4J 1.2.8.
I am unable to redirect my logging messages to Java Web Start console.
Thanks
vin

RE: Configure Log4J for use with Java web start console

Posted by Paul Smith <ps...@aconex.com>.
You just need to tell log4j to use a ConsoleAppender.  Then you need to run
the java web start control panel and turn on the console logging to a file.

But, why bother?  Why not just use log4j to write to a file via
FileAppender or something?

cheers,

Paul Smith