Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by James <ja...@news.utopix.ch> on 2003/12/02 00:48:41 UTC

JDBC Connection problem with Debian and MySQL

Hello,

I don't know what to do.....
I am using the normal example provided with james to access to mysql and
I can't...
In phoenix.log, I see the exception when getting a connection (then it
gives up)....

I've tried it using Mandrake distribution without any problem...

Under Debian, I found I have to remove the skip-networking option.
Typing nmap localhost, I can see 3306 open.
I can telnet to localhost 3306
Typing #mysql, then status.... I can see I am connected using TCP/IP mode...

but when I type mysql -h localhost -u james -pmypassword, it fails.
although james users is allowed to access from any host....

I've also tried to access to another mysql on another machine, and it
works fine....

what did I forget to configure ??

thank you

Re: JDBC Connection problem with Debian and MySQL

Posted by Jerome Lacoste <la...@frisurf.no>.
On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 00:48, James wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I don't know what to do.....
> I am using the normal example provided with james to access to mysql and
> I can't..
[...]

> what did I forget to configure ??

sounds more like a MySQL config problem than a james one.

Can you copy the output of

>  select User,Host from mysql.user;

Just ouf of curiosity...

J.