Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Rodrigo Aguinaga <ro...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/01 23:18:01 UTC

Catalog Request

Hi,

  I've been wondering about what the catalog request type does, since I
don't quite understand it.

  What I would understand from it, would be a request to my suppliers to
renew their price list on a group of products. But doesn't seem to work that
way on OFBiz, so I wanted to know the function that it was created for and
if there's a way to create a 'request for a supplier product list' or if
there's any plan to do this, if there isn't I would like to open a JIRA
about it.

--
Rodrigo Aguinaga Lira

Re: Catalog Request

Posted by Rodrigo Aguinaga <ro...@gmail.com>.
Well the goal would be for the company itself (one of the internal
organizations of the software owner) to ask to a supplier for their updated
price list (you could specify a groups of products for this).

So, what I have in mind it's to use the request entity on order managment to
create a request for the supplier to mail their product price list of a
group of items(request for supplier catalog), and update it on the system.

--
Rodrigo
PS.   I see the "request for catalog" on ordermgr/control/FindRequest, Cust

2006/9/2, David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>:

> Rodrigo,
>
> Where are you seeing the "catalog request type"?
>
> So, is your goal to support a customer requesting a supplier's
> product list, or for an employee or other person using the system to
> get a list of products for a supplier?
>
> -David
>

> On Sep 1, 2006, at 3:18 PM, Rodrigo Aguinaga wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >  I've been wondering about what the catalog request type does, since I
> > don't quite understand it.
> >
> >  What I would understand from it, would be a request to my
> > suppliers to
> > renew their price list on a group of products. But doesn't seem to
> > work that
> > way on OFBiz, so I wanted to know the function that it was created
> > for and
> > if there's a way to create a 'request for a supplier product list'
> > or if
> > there's any plan to do this, if there isn't I would like to open a
> > JIRA
> > about it.
> >
> > --
> > Rodrigo Aguinaga Lira