Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Luther Baker <lu...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/03 19:07:05 UTC

Apache License in the Prototype

Not a huge thing but would it make sense to remove the <licenses> ... entry
from the wicket prototype?

    <licenses>
        <license>
            <name>The Apache Software License, Version 2.0</name>
            <url>http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt</url>
            <distribution>repo</distribution>
        </license>
    </licenses>

Luckily, I stumbled across this before committing but I was close to
publishing a new project to an GPL3 repository and this pom entry would have
been confusing.

Per the Maven pom guidelines <http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Licenses>:

*Note that a project should list only licenses that may apply directly to
this project, and not list licenses that apply to this project's
dependencies.*

Again, no biggie. Maybe it is no big deal.

-Luther

Re: Apache License in the Prototype

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.
patch proposal ...