Posted to users@camel.apache.org by James Green <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/17 17:55:29 UTC

DLQ, cause:null

We have a camel route consuming from ActiveMQ and occasionally get a DLQ
entry without anything logged through our deadLetterChannel.

The only thing we have to go on is a dlqFailureCause header which says:

java.lang.Throwable: Exceeded redelivery policy limit:RedeliveryPolicy
{destination = null, collisionAvoidanceFactor = 0.15, maximumRedeliveries =
6, maximumRedeliveryDelay = -1, initialRedeliveryDelay = 1000,
useCollisionAvoidance = false, useExponentialBackOff = false,
backOffMultiplier = 5.0, redeliveryDelay = 1000}, cause:null

The suggestion internally is that because the deadLetterChannel goes to a
route that logs the exception on the Exchange, yet we have nothing logged,
the camel route was in fact not involved thus perhaps it's an ActiveMQ
problem.

ActiveMQ, for it's part, logged nothing either.

Any suggestions at all?

Thanks,

James

Re: DLQ, cause:null

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

It smells like an error message from ActiveMQ, that text is not in the
Camel codebase

davsclaus:~/workspace/camel (master)/$ git grep -i "Exceeded redelivery policy"

--
Claus Ibsen