Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com> on 2011/01/01 19:10:37 UTC

[RELEASE] 0.7.0 rc4

Happy New Years everyone.

There were just a few issues in RC3 that we didn't feel comfortable
releasing with, so we've cut another.

For your testing pleasure: 0.7.0 rc4

Keep in mind that just like the 3 that came before it, this is a release
candidate, keyword being "candidate".  This should be very close to what
the final release will be, but we're not yet recommending widespread
upgrades.  Use it at your own discretion and only after properly
testing.

Be sure to read through the change log[1] and release notes[2]. Report
any problems you find[3], and if you have any questions, please ask.

Thanks!

[1]: http://goo.gl/2Dqmr (CHANGES.txt)
[2]: http://goo.gl/F52cS (NEWS.txt)

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com

Re: [RELEASE] 0.7.0 rc4

Posted by Clint Byrum <cl...@ubuntu.com>.
On Sat, 2011-01-01 at 12:10 -0600, Eric Evans wrote:
> Happy New Years everyone.
>
> There were just a few issues in RC3 that we didn't feel comfortable
> releasing with, so we've cut another.
>
> For your testing pleasure: 0.7.0 rc4

The Cassandra Ubuntu experimental PPA has been updated to 0.7.0 rc4, and
the packages have passed all unit tests on lucid, maverick, and natty.

https://launchpad.net/~cassandra-ubuntu/+archive/experimental

Re: [RELEASE] 0.7.0 rc4

Posted by Nate McCall <na...@riptano.com>.
RPMs are available from http://rpm.riptano.com

This is a simple upgrade from the rc3 apache-cassandra package.