Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul McKean <mc...@humility.maf.nasa.gov> on 2000/04/18 22:44:12 UTC

Sessions within a Web-App

I'm stumped.

I'm attempting to use session tracking for user authentication and
application security like the examples in the O'Reilly JAVA Servlet
Programming book.  Everything seems to work fine so long as my
"transaction" servlet and my "login" servlet are in the same package;
however, when they are in different packages, the two servlets get
separate session IDs.  Why?  They are both in the same WEB-APP.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

--
Paul C. McKean Jr.
 Technical Audit & Systems Compliance