Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Tej Nair <te...@arista.com.INVALID> on 2021/08/30 20:23:26 UTC

Difficulties writing custom parser in SBT build system

Hello Calcite developers,

I am trying to add custom types to the Calcite parser. From what I know, it
seems that I need configure a config.fmpp file, modify Parser.jj, and run
FMPP and JavaCC on them to create a custom parser (with a build system like
the one for the Babel parser). However, we use sbt as our build system,
whose ecosystem lacks adequate substitutes for the Gradle plugins that the
Calcite project uses to generate its parser. Before I go and write these
plugins myself, I want to ask the mailing list whether there is an easier
way to add custom types when using sbt.

Thanks for your time,
Tej Qu Nair

Re: Difficulties writing custom parser in SBT build system

Posted by Bhavya Aggarwal <bh...@knoldus.com>.
Hi Tej,

You can use the below sbt plugin code for overriding the parser in calcite.

https://github.com/knoldus/parser-generator-plugin

Regards
Bhavya

--
*Bhavya Aggarwal*
CTO & Partner
Knoldus Inc. <http://www.knoldus.com/>
+91-9910483067
Canada - USA - India - Singapore
<https://in.linkedin.com/company/knoldus> <https://twitter.com/Knolspeak>
<https://www.facebook.com/KnoldusSoftware/> <https://blog.knoldus.com/>

--

*Knoldus Inc.*
At Knoldus we aim to be very professional in our quality of
work, commitment to results, and proactive communication. If you feel
otherwise please share your feedback <https://forms.gle/Ax1Te1DDpirAQuQ8A>
and we would improve on it. Promise.

Re: Difficulties writing custom parser in SBT build system

Posted by Bhavya Aggarwal <bh...@knoldus.com>.

Posted by stanilovsky evgeny <es...@gridgain.com>.