Posted to dev@ranger.apache.org by rohit sinha <ta...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/10 22:03:11 UTC

Ranger Service Lookup jar not being updated

Hello,
I am trying to integrate a service with Apache Ranger and I facing some
difficulties with the resource look up jar which resides in Ranger Admin
classpath.

I have created a folder for my service in ranger-plugin under classes in
webapp folder which does get picked up. Now when I update this jar with my
code changes I don't see them getting picked up. Does Ranger cache/copies
the jar or something ?

Thanks,
Rohit Sinha

Re: Ranger Service Lookup jar not being updated

Posted by rohit sinha <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hello Madhan,

Thanks for the response. Actually I was restarting the ranger-admin but the
issue was that script did not have sufficient permission for catalina.out
file in logs directory for some reason. It did logged the permission issue
but after that it said successfully started even though it was not stopping
and starting again. I ignored that permission issue as the message said it
started successfully. It will be nice to fix the script not to log success
message on any failure. All good now. Thanks for the prompt reply.

Thanks,
Rohit Sinha

Posted by Madhan Neethiraj <ma...@apache.org>.
Rohit,