Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Benjamin Naber <be...@coders-area.de> on 2018/02/02 10:06:43 UTC

Network ACL Lists

Hi @all,

is there any way, to create Network ACL Lists that global accessable ?

Kind Reagrds

Benjamin

Re: Network ACL Lists

Posted by da...@zv.fraunhofer.de.
Hi Benjamin, Hi Dag,

I think, in some environment that could make perfect sense.

We are using the software in a private cloud environment and have some centrally managed lists of IP networks which are allowed to access internal services.

Right now, every service using our private cloud has to maintain those ACLs on their own (>>200 rule entries). We've written and provided a Python tool that allows the customer to manage both their ACL entries and firewall entries (for IP addresses in a non-VPC network), which automatically inserts and regularly updates those "Intranet list". It would be great to have them defined globally once, such that each customer can rely on us to update the ACL accordingly.

But Benjamin: As of now, I don't think there is such a functionality in CS.

Regards
Daniel

--
Daniel Herrmann
Network Engineer – Fraunhofer Private Cloud

Fraunhoferstraße 5, 64283 Darmstadt
Tel.: +49 6151 155346
Mail: daniel.herrmann@zv.fraunhofer.de

On 02.02.18, 11:59, "Dag Sonstebo" <Da...@shapeblue.com> wrote:

    Hi Benjamin,

    Not to my knowledge – that would be a security issue in itself since you would then announce to any user what ACL rules are in place for other users.

    Regards,
    Dag Sonstebo
    Cloud Architect
    ShapeBlue