Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Ekaterina Dimitrova <e....@gmail.com> on 2022/05/01 04:27:08 UTC

Important question

I want to ensure it is clear for everyone, as I was getting last moment
questions before the freeze around CASSANDRA-15234 - config parameters old
names with old numeric value format, they have new names with new(number +
unit) values format(backward compatibility in place to the old ones).
Any new config parameter introduced only in trunk is available with the new
value format. It doesn’t have any counterpart with only numeric value
option without unit.  The new ones are also commented out by default now in
cassandra.yaml.
If someone didn’t understand that and has any serious concerns - please
raise the flag.
This is also documented but I want to be sure it is really clear and there
is no disappointment or big issues later.

Thank you,
Ekaterina