Posted to dev@hop.apache.org by Hans Van Akelyen <ha...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/22 10:54:07 UTC

[DISCUSS] The road after 0.70

Hi All,

It was mentioned in a couple of previous emails and also on our chat but we
haven't had a formal discussion about it yet, so here it is.

As we are nearing our 0.70 release and have made great progress over the
past few months,
we have left the path of great API changes and are moving towards
implementing new features and fixing bugs.

We have reached a point where we can start talking about moving our version
number in the direction of a 1.0 release.

Here is an non-exhaustive list of what I think we still need to do before
we can move to 1.0
- Add more Integration tests
- Complete our user oriented documentation
- Give Hop Web a thorough test and some fixes
- Fix all bugs that show up from the integration tests and user feedback

My proposal is to move our version number to 0.99 after our 0.70 release
and focus on these areas. We can release 0.99 as a 1.0 preview version,
resolve issues that still show up and then move to 1.0

I would love to hear your thoughts on what we should still focus on before
"going 1.0".

Cheers,
Hans

Re: [DISCUSS] The road after 0.70

Posted by Matt Casters <ma...@neo4j.com.INVALID>.
Excuse me for the confusion. I didn't create that list. These cases were
already in JIRA.
Please add more cases for those things you think are critical to have for a
1.0 release.
Thanks a lot!

Matt

--