Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Neal Kaiser <ne...@makeastore.com> on 2001/02/19 15:45:13 UTC

Strange Error with

I am using Orion 1.4.7. I don't know if this is an Orion bug, or possibly
Struts?  I have a jsp which uses the include directive to read in a list of
countries:

The jsp looks like this:

<%@ include file="../util/countries.jsp" %>

And the countries.jsp is something like this:
..

If I have 223 lines in my countries.jsp file, it works, no problem. However,
if I go over 223 lines (no matter what line it is) I get this error:

Error parsing JSP page /galacy/register/layout.jsp

Error creating jsp-page instance: java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
__jspPage28_register_regstep2_jsp, method: _jspService signature:
(Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRespo
nse;)V) Illegal target of jump or branch

I just tried putting the select list in the .jsp rather than using an
include -- same error.

I am leaning towards this being a container bug, not a Struts one. But I
just wanted to verify and make sure this wasn't know with Struts first...

Thanks, Neal

RE: Strange Error with

Posted by Neal Kaiser <ne...@makeastore.com>.
Rather than going custom taglib route, is it possible to use <jsp:include> ?
The problem with that is that the file must inherit from the calling file's
struts
elements.

For example, something like this:

<jsp:include page="../util/countries.jsp" flush="true"/>

The only include that works is the <%@ include> directive, but that doesn't
solve this
method size limit problem.

Is this a container thing? Or is this a spec thing?

RE: Strange Error with

Posted by Neal Kaiser <ne...@makeastore.com>.
Yep, same here. Increasing the heap didn't do it.  I wish there was a better
solution to this!

Re: Strange Error with

Re: Strange Error with