Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/13 19:39:13 UTC

Heartbeat info in AM and NM in Yarn

It appears that NM and AM both sends the heartbeat to the resource manager.
It also appears that they send the health information of the containers
running on the node. I am trying to understand what's the core difference
between the two?

Re: Heartbeat info in AM and NM in Yarn

Posted by Jian He <jh...@hortonworks.com>.
NM heartbeats with RM to update container status while AM is periodically
heartbeats with RM to tell RM that AM itself is still alive. AM also use
the same heartbeat call to negotiate resources from RM

Jian

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Heartbeat info in AM and NM in Yarn