Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Daniel Docekal <da...@codalan.cz> on 1997/11/24 21:57:43 UTC

os-windows/1475: Internet Explorer 4.0 does not cache any pages from SOME Apache servers

>Number:         1475
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Internet Explorer 4.0 does not cache any pages from SOME Apache servers
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I know that it might not be problem of Apache (as far as it can be problem of IE4 of course), but i am trying to battle Microsoft to do their job and therefore i need backing and crosscheck from other side.

If anyone has possesion of IE 4.0 (release version) try to go to (for example) http://www.softnov.cz, let page load, then switch to OFFLINE mode and try to type that URL again. It should load it from cache. It does not.

Apparently ANY pages received from that particular installation of Apache (it is largest Czech ISP with hundreths of virtual webs on Apache) is somehow non cooperating with IE 4.0 - www.apache.org is (for example) cached properly

Can someone help me with finding a reason for this?
see http://pes.eunet.cz or http://www.softnov.cz