Posted to dev@sedona.apache.org by Jia Yu <ji...@apache.org> on 2020/07/31 23:37:15 UTC

Sedona project website template

Hi folks,

We are creating a website for Apache Sedona. The new website will inherit
most of the old tutorials and API docs from GeoSpark website:
https://datasystemslab.github.io/GeoSpark/
which was written in pure markdown + MkDocs Material.

But apparently, the one template was too simple for an incubator project.
We may have multiple different sections including tutorials and blog posts.
And each release should have its own API web pages as well. Also, it should
require minimal efforts to mitigate our markdown-based tutorials to it.

After looking at several Apache project websites,
http://spark.apache.org/
http://zeppelin.apache.org/
http://mesos.apache.org/
https://mxnet.apache.org/
I feel that Jekyll may be a better choice. Any suggestions?

Jia

Re: Sedona project website template

Posted by Felix Cheung <fe...@hotmail.com>.
Sounds good. You can request on

https://selfserve.apache.org/

To create a repo for incubator-sedona-website.git