Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Ludmila Shikhvarg <Lu...@oracle.com> on 2010/11/12 20:55:40 UTC

update_xpp failed

Hi,

This is a very short tail of the log at update_xpp
<gump_work/update_xpp.html>

cvs checkout: authorization failed: server cvs.extreme.indiana.edu rejected acces...
    s to /l/extreme/cvspub for user anonymous
cvs checkout: used empty password; try "cvs login" with a real password

Why anonymous user doesn't work?
Do I need to register and how?

-Ludmila

Re: update_xpp failed

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2010-11-12, Ludmila Shikhvarg wrote:

> cvs checkout: authorization failed: server cvs.extreme.indiana.edu rejected acces...
>    s to /l/extreme/cvspub for user anonymous
> cvs checkout: used empty password; try "cvs login" with a real password

> Why anonymous user doesn't work? Do I need to register and how?

You must login to each CVS module once using the data found in the
corresponding .xml file of the repository.

See the "help CVS" section on <http://wiki.apache.org/gump/VmgumpConfig>

Stefan