Posted to dev@sedona.apache.org by Jia Yu <ji...@apache.org> on 2022/11/21 08:45:00 UTC

Reopen GitHub issue or stick to JIRA

Hi all,

As you might know, starting from early Nov, ASF infra team disabled
self-registration on all ASF project JIRA. A new user has to ask Sedona
PPMC to register an account for him before he can create any ticket.

I feel that this will prevent people from reporting bugs and requesting new
features to Sedona. Do you think the following suggestion makes sense?

Re-enable GitHub issues on Sedona GitHub. Users create issues on GitHub and
Sedona PPMC create JIRA tickets on their behalf once an issue or feature is
confirmed.

This will introduce extra complexity to the project management and might
mess up the bug tracking at some point.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Jia

Re: Reopen GitHub issue or stick to JIRA

Posted by Jia Yu <ji...@apache.org>.
No, it is not required to track issues in JIRA but I think JIRA is better
for us to manage all tickets.

Posted by Adam Binford <ad...@gmail.com>.

--
Adam Binford