Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Sommers, Elizabeth" <So...@Pragmatics.com> on 2007/06/11 13:30:04 UTC

questions about maven-project-info-reports-plugin

We want to add a link to the scm/connection to the dependency report for each dependency we can get this information on.  I think I have a good handle on this but any hints would be appreciated, especially if somebody can suggest a way to replace one of the configurable classes rather than write a whole new plugin.

What I need to know now is why the tests are excluded in the maven-project-info-reports-plugin pom and how to go about testing the original plugin (so that I can then extend it to my new plugin).  I have googled and see no discussion of why the tests were excluded or how this plugin is tested.

Thanks
Liz Sommers
sommerse@pragmatics.com

Re: questions about maven-project-info-reports-plugin

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Liz,

2007/6/11, Sommers, Elizabeth <So...@pragmatics.com>:

> We want to add a link to the scm/connection to the dependency report for each dependency we can get this information on.  I think I have a good handle on this but any hints would be appreciated, especially if somebody can suggest a way to replace one of the configurable classes rather than write a whole new plugin.

You need to create your own report (due to MPIR-35) and specially, the
renderer. See the o.a.m.r.pi.r.DependenciesRenderer

> What I need to know now is why the tests are excluded in the maven-project-info-reports-plugin pom and how to go about testing the original plugin (so that I can then extend it to my new plugin).  I have googled and see no discussion of why the tests were excluded or how this plugin is tested.

Briefly, no testing harness framework was present when MPIR was
created. Snapshot contains now unit tests (I solved recently MPIR-43).
HTH.

Cheers,

Vincent