Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Mohamed Niyas <ni...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/04 12:21:26 UTC

Query | Need some inputs to test a java thread program using Jmeter?

Hi Team,

I would like to test a java thread program in which it is running as a
service.
It will get started when the TOMCAT webserver is started. It will remain
active until the
webserver is alive...

The task of that java thread is below:

It will be checking a queue table, at a time-interval of every 5 mins. If
there is any record
is available, it will call an API to upload all the records of teh Queue
table & Truncate the table...

We have front end UI for loading the table records... But there is no
interface to see the Java thread
program... Here i wanted to load test the thread performance... This thread
is nothing but a java program...

*Questions:*

1. Can we test the whole scenario through Jmeter? if so, please provide me
some inputs...
2. Or else can we test that thread's class file through Jmeter? (By adding
the config element "JavaRequestDefaults")?
3. if it can not be done thru jmeter, suggest me some other alternatives if
any....

Awaiting to hear from you team!!!
Mohamed Niyas M
niyas.mohd@gmail.com