Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org> on 2004/03/09 11:13:28 UTC

[FINAL CALL] Vote tie up

Peoples,

Following from Jeremias' e-mail the other day RE the change in FOP PMC
membership of the PMC, I thought I would give another 48 hours and then
finalise the current three votes (Federation, FOP PMC Membership and
Xindice PMC membership)

Note - I am going to exercise my "awesome powers" (to quote Jeff from
some time back) and close all three votes in 48 hours, even though our
charter requires unanimous votes.  I cannot otherwise see us ever
getting anything finalised.

Once that is done, I'm going to start stirring the pot on the Federation
proposal and moving us forward.

I note that Scott Boag and Sam Ruby have not voted on all three votes.
There is a clause in the charter around people not voting for an
extended period of time being removed from the PMC.  I'm not really keen
on doing that, but we might want to mark people as emeritus and thus
simplify future votes.

Cheers,
	Berin

FEDERATION PROPOSAL

[]  Scott Boag
[+1]  Andy Clark
[+1]  Shane Curcuru
[+1]  Neil Graham
[+1]  Kip Hampton
[]  Vincent Hardy
[+1]  Berin Lautenbach
[+1]  Ted Leung
[+1]  Jeremias Maerki
[+1]  Brian Minchau
[+1]  Steven Noels
[]  Santiago Pericas-Geertsen
[]  Gareth Reakes
[+1]  Gianugo Rabellino
[]  Sam Ruby
[+1]  Matt Sergeant
[]  Kimbro Staken
[+1]  Jason Stewart
[]  Jeff Turner
[+1]  Erwin van der Koogh
[-0]  Peter B. West
[+1]  PeiYong Zhang

Xindice Representative (Kimbro stepping down, Vadim Gritsenko coming on
board)

[]  Scott Boag
[]  Andy Clark
[+1]  Shane Curcuru
[+1]  Neil Graham
[]  Kip Hampton
[+1]  Vincent Hardy
[+1]  Berin Lautenbach
[+1]  Ted Leung
[+1]  Jeremias Maerki
[]  Brian Minchau
[+1]  Steven Noels
[+1]  Santiago Pericas-Geertsen
[+1]  Gareth Reakes
[+1]  Gianugo Rabellino
[]  Sam Ruby
[+1]  Matt Sergeant
[+1]  Kimbro Staken
[+1]  Jason Stewart
[]  Jeff Turner
[+1]  Erwin van der Koogh
[+1]  Peter B. West
[+1]  PeiYong Zhang

FOP PMC Membership - Joerg Pietschmann stepping in to replace Peter B. West.

[  ]  Scott Boag
[  ]  Andy Clark
[+1]  Shane Curcuru
[+1]  Neil Graham
[  ]  Kip Hampton
[  ]  Vincent Hardy
[+1]  Berin Lautenbach
[  ]  Ted Leung
[+1]  Jeremias Maerki
[  ]  Brian Minchau
[  ]  Steven Noels
[  ]  Santiago Pericas-Geertsen
[  ]  Gareth Reakes
[+1]  Gianugo Rabellino
[  ]  Sam Ruby
[  ]  Matt Sergeant
[+1]  Kimbro Staken
[  ]  Jason Stewart
[+1]  Jeff Turner
[  ]  Erwin van der Koogh
[+0]  Dirk-Willem Van Gulik
[+1]  Peter B. West
[+1]  PeiYong Zhang

Re: [FINAL CALL] Vote tie up

Posted by Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Sa...@Sun.COM>.
> FEDERATION PROPOSAL
>
> [+1]  Santiago Pericas-Geertsen

> FOP PMC Membership - Joerg Pietschmann stepping in to replace Peter B. West.
>
> [+1]  Santiago Pericas-Geertsen

-- Santiago

Re: [FINAL CALL] Vote tie up

Posted by Vincent Hardy <Vi...@Sun.COM>.
[...]

> FEDERATION PROPOSAL
> [+1]  Vincent Hardy

> FOP PMC Membership - Joerg Pietschmann stepping in to replace Peter B.
> West.
> [ +1]  Vincent Hardy

Vincent.

Re: [FINAL CALL] Vote tie up

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@asemantics.com>.
On 09/03/2004, at 2:24 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:

> Berin Lautenbach wrote:
>> Note - I am going to exercise my "awesome powers" (to quote Jeff from
>> some time

> I am fully in support of you exercizing your "awesome powers" in
> situations such as these.

Yup - that is what we need chairs for !

DW

Re: [FINAL CALL] Vote tie up

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>.
Berin Lautenbach wrote:

> Note - I am going to exercise my "awesome powers" (to quote Jeff from
> some time back) and close all three votes in 48 hours, even though our
> charter requires unanimous votes.  I cannot otherwise see us ever
> getting anything finalised.

I am fully in support of you exercizing your "awesome powers" in
situations such as these.

> I note that Scott Boag and Sam Ruby have not voted on all three votes.

Eek!

> FEDERATION PROPOSAL
>
> [+1]  Sam Ruby
>
> Xindice Representative (Kimbro stepping down, Vadim Gritsenko coming on
> board)
>
> [+1]  Sam Ruby
>
> FOP PMC Membership - Joerg Pietschmann stepping in to replace Peter B.
> West.
>
> [+1]  Sam Ruby

- Sam Ruby

Re: [FINAL CALL] Vote tie up

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 09:13:28PM +1100, Berin Lautenbach wrote:

Oops, I missed some votes - sorry.

> FEDERATION PROPOSAL

Could've sworn I voted - it certainly looked sensible.  Anyway:

[+1]  Jeff Turner

> Xindice Representative (Kimbro stepping down, Vadim Gritsenko coming on
> board)

[+1]  Jeff Turner

--Jeff