Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Saliya Ekanayake <es...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/03 17:47:25 UTC

[Axiom]C14n Implementation based on Axiom

Hi all,

I'm working on implementing Canonical XML and Exclusive XML Canonicalization
based on Apache Axiom for Google Summer of Code 2007. I have placed my
proposal at
http://wiki.apache.org/general/SaliyaEkanayake/GSoC2007Proposal/AXIOM-C14N.

I try to keep up with my time line mentioned in the proposal and up to now I
was able to look into the existing implementation based on DOM and to
understand its design. I'm now in the second phase of porting the existing
code into Axiom.

The design of the existing implementation seems to be very stable. Thus I
kept the same interface for the canonicalization service provider. In fact I
had to change the method signatures to provide Axiom objects to replace DOM
objects. The design of the C14n service provider is attached herewith this
mail. This set of classes is assisted by few helper classes and exception
classes.

The helper classes are needed to be ported to Axiom at the very first stage
since they are being used at various instances. I'm currently working on
this matter and as soon as I finish it I hope to jump into the porting of
C14n service provider portion.

Any improvement to the existing design is greatly accepted.

Thanks in advance

Saliya

Re: [Axiom]C14n Implementation based on Axiom

Posted by Saliya Ekanayake <es...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dims,

I've already created a JIRA on this issue. Here is the link
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSCOMMONS-218

The link for the attachment is
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12364179/axiom-c14n.zip

Thanks,