Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Jeff Yu <je...@apache.org> on 2010/06/16 17:07:36 UTC

[VOTE] renaming the JPA's table from ODE_ to BPEL_ as prefix.

Hi team,

This is a follow-up vote for the Rafal's suggestion, which is to try to make
JPA implementation's table schema is as same as possible with the
dao-hibernate module db schema.
This means it would cause users who use OpenJPA will have the db schema
changes dramatically from the 1.3.5 release, in the other hand, the
Hibernate users might just need
to do some small schema update when switching it from native Hibernate to
the JPA Hibernate implementation.

So I think we need an vote here.

Personally, I'd like to have one static schema, given a lot of users choose
hibernate, here is my +1.

Regards
Jeff

--
Cheers,
Jeff Yu

----------------
blog: http://jeff.familyyu.net

Re: [VOTE] renaming the JPA's table from ODE_ to BPEL_ as prefix.

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
No, but in a 1.4 release.

--
Tammo van Lessen - http://www.taval.de

Re: [VOTE] renaming the JPA's table from ODE_ to BPEL_ as prefix.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Rafal Rusin <ra...@intalio.com>.
Agreed.
Please also note that dao-hibernate will remain for some time (it may
be long) after releasing hibernate-jpa version with upgrade script
from dao-hibernate. This is, because merging current dao-hibernate
features into jpa-hibernate will take some time to implement (and make
equally stable).

Rafał Rusin
http://rrusin.blogspot.com

Re: [VOTE] renaming the JPA's table from ODE_ to BPEL_ as prefix.

Posted by Jeff Yu <je...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Jeff Yu

----------------

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Rafal Rusin <ra...@intalio.com>.
+1 from me.

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Jeff Yu <je...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> This is a follow-up vote for the Rafal's suggestion, which is to try to make
> JPA implementation's table schema is as same as possible with the
> dao-hibernate module db schema.
> This means it would cause users who use OpenJPA will have the db schema
> changes dramatically from the 1.3.5 release, in the other hand, the
> Hibernate users might just need
> to do some small schema update when switching it from native Hibernate to
> the JPA Hibernate implementation.
>
> So I think we need an vote here.
>
> Personally, I'd like to have one static schema, given a lot of users choose
> hibernate, here is my +1.
>
> Regards
> Jeff
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Jeff Yu
>
> ----------------
> blog: http://jeff.familyyu.net

Rafał Rusin
http://rrusin.blogspot.com

Re: [VOTE] renaming the JPA's table from ODE_ to BPEL_ as prefix.

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
+1 (for having _one_ schema for either implementation, also for the
hibernate-dao schema as reference)

Tammo

--
Tammo van Lessen - http://www.taval.de