Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Will Berger <wi...@premierobjects.com> on 2007/05/16 15:49:58 UTC

Struts 2, Popup window ?

I am trying to accomplish the following:

1. I am on a page and would like the user to click on a link which would
invoke my popup window picker.
2. The popup window is an Action that allows the user to make a multi
selection.
3.  After the user selects his values and clicks ok, I would like the Popup
window to close and the selected
values to appear on the page.  The selected values should be just text(not a
form field).

To accomplish this,

1. I do the following,
# picker

This does create a new screen, with my action invoked.
2. Now how to I accept the values and close the screen.
3. How do I display them on the parent screen as just none editable text(not
a form textfield text) (
what i am trying to accomplish here is show a list of selected values)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Will

Re: Struts 2, Popup window ?

Posted by Roger Varley <ro...@googlemail.com>.

> 1. I am on a page and would like the user to click on a link which would
> invoke my popup window picker.

Sorry, but what is a popup window picker? I've a need to display popup
windows in my application & I've tried googling and can't find
anything.

Incidentally, has anyone tried overriding the Struts 2 error tags to
display the messages in a popup window like the javascript alert()
box.  I particularly want to override the existing Struts 2 tags so
when I finally convince the client that this is not a good idea, it
will be straight forward to revert to standard Struts 2 behaviour.

Regards
Roger