Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de> on 2001/11/14 13:17:04 UTC

[AvalonDB] strong feelings :)

Hi everybody,
things are going very quick in this project. More or
less the main work is done by Paul.

Ok maybe we are in alpha alpha stage, but I have the
feeling we need a little bit refactoring at this stage.

I'm really a newbie to the Avalon framework and I do
understand the theory, but developing is something
different.

One thought is nagging me all the time:
"Do we use the power of the avalon framework, do we
use the power of the avalon framework..."

I don't know. We are using Cornerstore with his
connection manager and soap glue. We use phoenix
with block assembly, of course. We use
AbstractLogEnabled (in some classes) from the
Avalon framwork. It seems to me too little, considering
that this project is under the roof of Avalon.

Maybe I'm to early for refactoring now. But I make
the experience that when not doing it right now, it's
never done.

I don't have the experience to do it alone, so we need
some of the experienced persons.

Ok when this worries are to early or unjustified then
ignore this, otherwise we should start to reconsider.

What do you think?

So long
Gerhard