Posted to doc@openoffice.apache.org by Natasha Selvey <ny...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/18 18:24:12 UTC

Proposal 2: Writer draft outline

Here is my second round of proposed changes.

I think we should move Tables, Images and OLE objects, Frames, Sections and
Autotext out of the first section "Getting to know Writer", leaving
"Getting to know Writer" with the upfront basics and later moving on to
these topics.

Tables and Images would get their own pages.

Frames and Sections go into a page for "Formatting pages".

Autotext goes into the current "Working with text" page.

Current outline:

   1. Getting to know Writer
      1. Writer's User Interface
      2. Writer's Sidebar
      3. Tables (move to its own page - expand on information)
      4. Images and OLE Objects (move to its own page - expand on
      information)
      5. Frames (move to new page - "Formatting pages")
      6. Sections (move to new page - "Formatting pages")
      7. Autotext (move to "Working with text")
   2. Working with Text
      1. Numbered list and bullets

Proposed outline:

   1. Getting to know Writer
      1. Writer's User Interface
      2. Writer's Sidebar
   2. Working with Text
      1. Numbered list and bullets
      2. Autotext
   3. Formatting Pages
      1. Frames
      2. Sections
   4. Tables
   5. Images and OLE Objects

Please send me your concerns or an okay to move forward. Thanks.

Re: Proposal 2: Writer draft outline

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
Natasha Selvey wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 4:50 PM, Ricardo Berlasso <rg...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> 2013/7/18 Natasha Selvey <ny...@gmail.com>
>>
>>> On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 9:47 AM, Ricardo Berlasso <rgb.mldc@gmail.com

>> Sections

>> that

>> sure
>>> really
>>> that
>> line?
>>>>

>>> Thanks for the input. I think I understand what you are saying. Perhaps
>>> frames and sections are not about "formatting pages" but creating a
>> layout?
>>> Would it make more sense to group frames and sections as "Creating page
>>> layout"? Or is this just another way of saying "formatting"?
>>>

>> As I see it, layout is related with formatting. The main point is that
>> both, sections and frames can be "pushed" to different pages so they do not
>> belong to any page. In a sense, sections and frames set "boundaries" for
>> blocks of content, but those blocks can be moved, so what about
>>
>> "Bounding" Content: Frames and Sections
>>
>> or
>>
>> "Enclosing" Content: Frames and Sections
>>
>> I think this (or something similar, my English is limited) gives the idea
>> of how both elements work: they enclose arbitrary content on definite
>> limits. One (sections) with the possibility to expand on top of several
>> pages, the other (frames) living only on one page.
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> Regards
>> Ricardo
>>

>>> Natasha Selvey
>>>

> That sounds good to me. I may have to think about a topic page title a
> little more, I want it to be clear to the reader. Something like
> "Containing content with frames and sections" or simply "Working with
> frames and sections".
>
> -Natasha

I believe that Working with Frames and Sections sounds better than
"Containg Content with..."

regards
Keith

Re: Proposal 2: Writer draft outline

Posted by Alex Stillwell <al...@gmail.com>.
Keep it simple - I like 'Working with boundaries, frames and sections'

Alex

Posted by Natasha Selvey <ny...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ricardo Berlasso <rg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Natasha Selvey <ny...@gmail.com>.