Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Cedric Biedermann <ce...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/09 14:32:58 UTC

httpTunnel is waiting for repsonse

Hi,

I have the problem that an external user have to connect with his company
laptop to our guacamole server, and use a connection. His laptop seems to
be kind of secure and does not allow websockets, at least guacamole tries
to use httpTunnel.
However, the user can log in, but is not able to connect to the connection.
In the syslog, we see that the tomcat builds up a connection, but the user
just sees:
"Connected to Guacamole. Waiting for response..."
In the web-devTools I see that the "tunnel?connect"  was successful, and I
see a lot of tunnel?write request, which all ends with 200, (which I also
see in the tomcat-logs).
I can not find any error message which describe why the user cannot get an
image.

The small troubleshooting paragraph did not help me, everything runs
already over https, and independent of his network, the connection does not
work for his laptop.
https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/troubleshooting.html#no-graphics-appear

Is there maybe any client code which cannot be executed?
What can I test/do to get more information and logs (log level is already
high)?
What are things which can do this trouble?

Thank you for your help.

Cedric

ps: How can I answer to questions from other users per email?
pss: Should I post this also into JIRA?

Re: httpTunnel is waiting for repsonse

Posted by Cedric Biedermann <ce...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, I have to wait till I have a next meeting with him or somebody
from his company which does the architecture to get more information.

Posted by Michael Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.