Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by wendy Lee <ha...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/23 06:02:26 UTC

The warn about the full text index of image/gif

I just upload a image to the repository,but it throws a such

WARN org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.JackrabbitTextExtractor - Full
text indexing of image/gif is not supported

I think there are some configuration problem.Please give me some advices

Re: The warn about the full text index of image/gif

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 1/23/07, wendy Lee <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just upload a image to the repository,but it throws a such
>
> WARN org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.JackrabbitTextExtractor - Full
> text indexing of image/gif is not supported
>
> I think there are some configuration problem.Please give me some advices

I don't think we have a text extractor for image/gif even though
adding one would make sense (there's embedded metadata that could well
be indexed). The warning is just to let you know that indexing of such
files is not supported, so it's nothing to worry about unless you
really want your gifs indexed.

Perhaps a notice message would be more appropriate than a warning.

BR,

Jukka Zitting