Posted to user@uima.apache.org by "reshu.agarwal" <re...@orkash.com> on 2014/03/20 12:14:42 UTC

status Lost=1 in DUCC

Hi,

I am trying to work upon DUCC and facing a problem that on a single
document it is showing an warning message of
org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.client.BaseUIMAAsynchronousEngineCommon_impl
sendAndReceiveCAS. Then after remaining in queue for 500 seconds, it
shows status lost=1.

The same document is processed in UIMA without any exceptions.

I got stuck here. Please help me to get out of it.

Reshu Agarwal

Re: status Lost=1 in DUCC

Posted by "reshu.agarwal" <re...@orkash.com>.
On 03/28/2014 05:54 PM, Lou DeGenaro wrote:
> Hi Reshu,
>
> Very good.  It would be helpful if you could supply a small sample data
> comprising "invalid XML characters" as a test case, to motivate DUCC to
> detect and handle this situation more elegantly in terms of allowing the
> user to recognize what's wrong.
>
> Lou.
>

> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 12:00 AM, reshu.agarwal <re...@orkash.com>wrote:
>
>> On 03/27/2014 08:13 PM, Lou DeGenaro wrote:
>>
>>> he data being sent are "values" rather than "keys" in your
>>> CAS?  If so, this is not really a "best practice" for DUCC use.
>>>
>> Hi Lou,
>>
>> This is not the problem of how I send the data. My document contains some
>> invalid XML characters. So, problem resolved after I applied filter for
>> that.
>>
>> Reshu.

Ya Sure,

Here is a sample document:

"About the Human Rights House Network ( www.humanrightshouse.org ) The
Human Rights House Network (HRHN) unites 87 human rights NGOs joining
forces in 18 independent Human Rights Houses in 15 countries in Western
Balkans, Eastern Europe and South Caucasus, East and Horn of Africa, and
Western Europe. HRHN???s aim is to protect, empower and support human
rights organisations locally and unite them in an international network
of Human Rights Houses. The Human Rights House Foundation (HRHF), based
in Oslo (Norway) with an office in Geneva (Switzerland), is HRHN???s
secretariat. HRHF is international partner of the South Caucasus Network
of Human Rights Defenders and the emerging Balkan Network of Human
Rights Defenders. HRHF has consultative status with the United Nations
and HRHN has participatory status with the Council of Europe.
All applicants are requested to e-mail a motivation letter and
curriculum vitae to: Anna Innocenti, International Advocacy Officer at
the Human Rights House Foundation (HRHF), at
ae;e;a.innf;centi@humae;rightshouse.f;rg ."

Specific this line contains some invalid characters:

"All applicants are requested to e-mail a motivation letter and
curriculum vitae to: Anna Innocenti, International Advocacy Officer at
the Human Rights House Foundation (HRHF), at
ae;e;a.innf;centi@humae;rightshouse.f;rg .""

And we can find out the problem by trying the same document in UIMA AS.
And this problem of invalid character was also in object other then
document text which is passed in CAS.

Reshu Agarwal

Re: status Lost=1 in DUCC

Posted by Lou DeGenaro <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Reshu,

Re: status Lost=1 in DUCC

Posted by "reshu.agarwal" <re...@orkash.com>.

Re: status Lost=1 in DUCC

Posted by Lou DeGenaro <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Reshu,

It looks like the data being sent are "values" rather than "keys" in your
CAS?  If so, this is not really a "best practice" for DUCC use.

Is there an example of the the failing data that you can share.

Also, could you please make available in their entirety all of the logs in
the user's log directory, for example jd.out.log, *JD*.log...

Lou.

Re: status Lost=1 in DUCC

Posted by "reshu.agarwal" <re...@orkash.com>.

Re: status Lost=1 in DUCC

Posted by Lou DeGenaro <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Reshu,

Re: status Lost=1 in DUCC

Posted by "reshu.agarwal" <re...@orkash.com>.
Hi Lou,

> [...]

>> stop
>>

>> 3. Are there any exceptions in any of the logs in the job's log directory?
>>
>> Yes, When this warning message comes then after successfully processing of
>> all documents from DB collection Reader instead of this particular
>> document. This Message shows in one of the Process's log file i.e.:
>>
>> Mar 26, 2014 9:54:04 AM org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.
>> activemq.JmsOutputChannel$ConnectionTimer startSessionReaperTimer.run
>> INFO: Thread: 210 Component: CorefernceAggDescriptor Jms Session
>> Inactivity Timeout: 5 Minutes on Broker: tcp://S1:61616?wireFormat.
>> maxInactivityDuration=0&closeAsync=false
>>
>> I think this is due to that warning.
>>

>> 4. Does your job use a version of UIMA/UIMA-AS that is different than the
>> one used by DUCC?
>>
>> I am using DUCC version 1.0.0 and UIMA version 2.4.2. I am not able to get

Reshu.

Re: status Lost=1 in DUCC

Posted by Lou DeGenaro <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Reshu,

Re: status Lost=1 in DUCC

Posted by "reshu.agarwal" <re...@orkash.com>.
On 03/20/2014 06:35 PM, Lou DeGenaro wrote:
> Where does the warning appear, in a log file in the job's log
> directory?  Is there any other information related to that warning?
Hi Lou,

Answers of your questions are given below. Hope it will help:

1. Are you able to run a simple job, such as 1.job from the examples
directory successfully?

Yes, I am able to run that simple job successfully.

2. Where does the warning appear, in a log file in the job's log
directory?  Is there any other information related to that warning?

This warning appears in JD.log file.

After all initialization messages and these messages come:

Mar 26, 2014 9:49:04 AM org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.client.BaseUIMAAsynchronousEngine_impl setupConnection
INFO: UIMA AS Client Created Shared Connection To Broker: tcp://S1:61616?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0&jms.useCompression=true&closeAsync=false
Mar 26, 2014 9:49:04 AM org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.client.BaseUIMAAsynchronousEngine_impl initializeProducer
INFO: Initializing JMS Message Producer. Broker: tcp://S1:61616?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0&jms.useCompression=true&closeAsync=false Queue Name: ducc.jd.queue.1317
Mar 26, 2014 9:49:04 AM org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.client.BaseUIMAAsynchronousEngine_impl initializeConsumer
INFO: Initializing JMS Message Consumer. Broker: tcp://S1:61616?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0&jms.useCompression=true&closeAsync=false Queue Name: ID:S144-36678-1395807465286-7:1:1
Mar 26, 2014 9:49:04 AM org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.client.BaseUIMAAsynchronousEngine_impl initialize
INFO: Asynchronous Client Has Been Initialized. Serialization Strategy: [SerializationStrategy] Ready To Process.

and then only this warning message comes:

Mar 26, 2014 9:49:27 AM org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.client.BaseUIMAAsynchronousEngineCommon_impl sendAndReceiveCAS
WARNING:

then this messages come:

Mar 26, 2014 9:59:45 AM org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.client.BaseUIMAAsynchronousEngineCommon_impl stop
INFO: Stopping Asynchronous Client.
Mar 26, 2014 9:59:45 AM org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.client.BaseUIMAAsynchronousEngineCommon_impl stop
INFO: Asynchronous Client Has Stopped.
Mar 26, 2014 9:59:45 AM org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.client.BaseUIMAAsynchronousEngineCommon_impl$SharedConnection destroy
INFO: UIMA AS Client Shared Connection Has Been Closed
Mar 26, 2014 9:59:45 AM org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.client.BaseUIMAAsynchronousEngine_impl stop

Re: status Lost=1 in DUCC

Posted by Lou DeGenaro <lo...@gmail.com>.
Some questions:

1. Are you able to run a simple job, such as 1.job from the examples
directory successfully?
2. Where does the warning appear, in a log file in the job's log
directory?  Is there any other information related to that warning?
3. Are there any exceptions in any of the logs in the job's log directory?
4. Does your job use a version of UIMA/UIMA-AS that is different than the
one used by DUCC?

If you could post more information from those logs where any trouble is
indicated, that might be helpful.

Lou.

Re: status Lost=1 in DUCC

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
It definitely sounds like your CR is sending documents, not references to
documents. That is not scalable nor supported.

There are characters that cause CAS serialization errors. Please look for
exceptions in the job's "JD" log file, and if there please paste the stack
on a reply. It could be that the DUCC job driver is miss-handling this type
of exception.

Thanks,
Eddie

Re: status Lost=1 in DUCC

Posted by "reshu.agarwal" <re...@orkash.com>.

Re: status Lost=1 in DUCC

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
Hi Reshu,

Re: status Lost=1 in DUCC

Posted by "reshu.agarwal" <re...@orkash.com>.

Re: status Lost=1 in DUCC

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
The job driver running the user's CR should not sent documents, only
references to documents, or preferably references to a set of documents.
Please see
http://uima.apache.org/d/uima-ducc-1.0.0/duccbook.html#x1-1290008.2

Eddie