Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Chen, John (N-Avatar Inc.)" <jo...@lmco.com> on 2007/06/27 18:17:00 UTC

Where to put Axis2 jar files on TOMCAT

I have been struggling with this issue for the last several days and I
believe it is the Axis2 class loader issue

Basically I am developing a system can act as both Web Services client
and server. To use it as a Web Services client, I have to put my
application jar file and all dependent Axis2 jar files under common/lib.
To host my Web Services, I have a war file with my Web Services
configuration and classes in it.

My issue is, if I don't put any Axis2 jar files in the war file
(WEB-INF/lib), I am getting the following exception,

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No valid ObjectCreator found.

        at
org.apache.axiom.om.util.StAXUtils$Pool.<init>(StAXUtils.java:44)

        at
org.apache.axiom.om.util.StAXUtils.<clinit>(StAXUtils.java:68)

        at org.apache.axis2.util.XMLUtils.toOM(XMLUtils.java:555)

        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.DescriptionBuilder.buildOM(DescriptionBui

Then if I put those Axis2 jar files back in the war file, I don't have
any problem deploying it, but I got the following exception when
invoking the Web Services,

ERROR AxisServlet - java.lang.LinkageError: Class
javax/xml/stream/XMLStreamRead

er violates loader constraints

Thanks

John

RE: Where to put Axis2 jar files on TOMCAT

Posted by Joe Nathan <jo...@yahoo.com>.
This is a messy business. If you use JDK1.6, many of the jar archives are
already includes in the JVM per se. Then again, they may not compatile with
the versions on Axis and Tomcat. The safer way is to include in WEB-INF/lib.
However you ended up placing multiple places!

Posted by "Chen, John (N-Avatar Inc.)" <jo...@lmco.com>.
Actually, here is the reason ....

Posted by Joe Nathan <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.