Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by slitz <sl...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/25 20:13:56 UTC

MultipleOutputFormat example

Hello,
I need the reduce to output to different files depending on the key, after
reading some jira entries and some previous threads of the mailing list i
think that the MultipleTextOutputFormat class would fit my needs, the
problem is that i can't find any example of how to use it.

Could someone please show me a quick example of how to use this class or
MultipleOutputFormat subclasses in general? i'm somewhat lost...

slitz

Re: MultipleOutputFormat example

Posted by slitz <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
I just did! Thank you! And indeed it is A LOT easier, or maybe it's just the
included snippets that help a lot, or maybe both things help :)

Although i would still like to learn how to use
MultipleOutputFormat/MultipleTextOutputFormat since it should be more
flexible and i whould like to know how to use this kind of things in hadoop
as this could help me understand other classes and patterns.

So it would be great if someone could give me an example of how to use it.

slitz

Posted by montag <mk...@about.com>.
Hi,