Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Bill Maidment <bi...@maidment.com.au> on 2006/08/05 03:53:43 UTC

Re: RBL with Spamassassin works, but spamc/spamd don't use it - solved

John Andersen wrote:
> On Friday 04 August 2006 02:07, Bill Maidment wrote:
>

>> Thanks. I've done that (see attached). I'm not running razor and nothing
>> else seems to jump out at me. Any more ideas?
>>

> Ooops, found your attachment.  Nothing obvious.
> Grab a real spam and send it thru spamassassin  <spam.txt
> Then run the same thru spamd.  See if scores match.
>
> If not, just replace spamd with spamassassin in your procmail or whatever
> you use for local delivery.  See if that helps.
>
> see if you have more than one copy of spamd around.  Like in the wrong
> directory.
>
> Run spamd -h
> and see if its the right version.

Ooops for me too. I'd made two mistakes.
1. I'm running mimedefang, so spamd is irrelevant to my problem as it is
the mimdefang daemon that is handling the email.
2. I'd accidentally deleted the $SALocalTestsOnly = 0; line in my
mimedefang-filter.

Many thanks for your help. At least I've learnt a bit about debugging
spamassassin in the process.
Cheers

--
Bill Maidment