Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Antti Karanta <an...@napa.fi> on 2008/06/09 10:30:24 UTC

Print preview default zoom

                           Hi!

   I had a problem that svg images were rasterized w/ too low a resolution
when printed. This was easy enough to solve - I set the target resolution
to high enough value via an FOUserAgent object:

userAgent.setTargetResolution( 280f ) ;

   However, this seems to have an unpleasant side effect: when using print
preview, the default zoom is such that only about a quarter of the page is
shown (which may have something to do w/ that I set the target resolution
to be 4 times higher than the default).

   Now, I could of course set the target resolution higher when printing
and lower when previewing, but that is not a very tempting solution as
then if the user prints from print preview he will get poorly rasterized
images.

   So, is there any way to set the target resolution without affecting the
zoom factor? Being able to specify the default zoom % programmatically
would also solve the problem - is this possible?

   Environment: fop 0.95b, win xp sp 2, java 1.5.0_15

        -Antti-

Re: Print preview default zoom

Posted by Antti Karanta <an...@napa.fi>.
On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 15:24:26 +0300, Jeremias Maerki
<de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> wrote:

> thanks for the report. This is a bug, or rather: was. ;-) Can you please
> verify that my fix [1] improves the situation?

   It seems to work correctly now. Thanks!

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Antti,

thanks for the report. This is a bug, or rather: was. ;-) Can you please
verify that my fix [1] improves the situation? The 0.95 branch is at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/branches/fop-0_95 in SVN.
Thanks!

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=666635&view=rev

On 09.06.2008 10:30:24 Antti Karanta wrote:

>                            Hi!
>
>    I had a problem that svg images were rasterized w/ too low a resolution
> when printed. This was easy enough to solve - I set the target resolution
> to high enough value via an FOUserAgent object:
>
> userAgent.setTargetResolution( 280f ) ;
>
>    However, this seems to have an unpleasant side effect: when using print
> preview, the default zoom is such that only about a quarter of the page is
> shown (which may have something to do w/ that I set the target resolution
> to be 4 times higher than the default).
>
>    Now, I could of course set the target resolution higher when printing
> and lower when previewing, but that is not a very tempting solution as
> then if the user prints from print preview he will get poorly rasterized
> images.
>
>    So, is there any way to set the target resolution without affecting the
> zoom factor? Being able to specify the default zoom % programmatically
> would also solve the problem - is this possible?
>

>    Environment: fop 0.95b, win xp sp 2, java 1.5.0_15
>

>         -Antti-

Jeremias Maerki