Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/18 14:13:45 UTC

Replacing ivy with maven-ant-tasks

Is this something that people are OK with?

It will result in the version details being specified from the
build.xml and not a separate ivy.xml

Which branch shall I target first... My preference is to target 0.7
and then when the modularization takes place in trunk/0.8 it will be
on top of the maven-ant-tasks changes.

If everyone is OK I'll create a JIRA against Core with fixVersion 0.7
and add my patch there.

-Stephen

Re: Replacing ivy with maven-ant-tasks

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
On 18 January 2011 14:30, Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 13:13 +0000, Stephen Connolly wrote:
>> Is this something that people are OK with?
>
> Why?  What are the advantages?

1. It will make deploying to central easier (as ivy does not deploy
correct poms, and maven-ant-tasks can generate correct poms)

2. _You_ seemed to think it would be better keeping all the version
information in build.xml rather than in a separate file

3. You seemed to think it might be a good idea when you saw the
mavebn-ant-tasks stuff for deploying to central

There's probably some more but those are the main drivers from my perspective.

Note Maven-Ant-Tasks is not Maven... it provides essentially the same
functionality as ivy only targetted exclusively at Maven
repositories... (which are the only really repository format (other
than p2) to take off)

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com>.

--
Eric Evans