Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Massimo Manghi <mx...@apache.org> on 2014/08/03 12:02:24 UTC

Re: Remote execution of Tcl commands

Sorry for answering so late.

On 07/30/2014 10:12 PM, Donald Paul Winston wrote:
> Does Rivet provide facilities for executing tcl remotely sort of like
> TclHttpd did? (Without building a “handler” for each tcl command I
> desire to execute this way)

forgive my ignorance about TclHttpd, what exactly is this feature?
Something like RPC? Something specific to Tcl like the ability to send a
script to an interpreter?

> Looking at the documentation I don’t see anything. You can map a url
> to a tcl file but what about the parameters? Is there an example that
> does this in a convenient way?

I presume you are talking about mod_rivet in this question.
Arguments are either URL-encoded or passed through a form with a POST
method. Command ::rivet::var (with its 3 form) is for reading those
arguments. There is an example

http://tcl.apache.org/rivet/static/var_access.html

that explains how to access those arguments

> Donald Paul Winston

 -- Massimo