Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2018/05/07 20:55:55 UTC

Log4j and OSGi

I just noticed https://github.com/rotty3000/osgi.to.logback <https://github.com/rotty3000/osgi.to.logback>. I have not looked at the OSGi R7 specification and I haven’t looked at the PR, but I’d hate to see Logback be the only thing Felix can integrate with.

Ralph

Re: Log4j and OSGi

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
I already complained about this back when the spec was released. OSGi is
apparently a professional organization more so than a standards one, so
only paying members get to set standards. Apache does not pay for
membership to such organizations, though there are many PMCs with
developers in said organization (e.g., some developers in Felix, Karaf,
etc.)

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Log4j and OSGi