Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrei Perapiolkin <an...@open-e.com> on 2023/02/24 14:45:08 UTC

Adding storage plugin

Hi CloudStack community,

I would like to integrate block storage solution into CloudStack.

There is a lots of various guides and documentation on the topic of
CloudStack development, and storage plugins in particular:

1. Minimal requirements
<https://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/4.17.2.0/developersguide/plugins.html>

2. Code contribution requirements
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Code+Submission+and+Review+Guidelines>

3. Storage subsystem architecture
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Storage+subsystem+2.0>

4. Testing system  with Marvin
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Test+Categories+and+Quick-test+in+Marvin>
and Simulator

Unfortunately some of them are "old". So Im curious if there is a
dedicated group/team or individual that is responsible to storage
subsystem that I can contact for clarification or advise regarding
plugin development and testing.

Thanks for you time to read through this email,

Best regards,

Andre Perepiolkin

Re: Adding storage plugin

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Andre,

Welcome to the community.

To understand CloudStack's storage subsystem, you can refer:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Storage+subsystem+2.0

For recent examples of storage plugins, you can refer to these pull requests:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/4994 (Linstor)
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/4304 (Powerflex)

On general CloudStack building, writing features and software development, you can refer:
https://github.com/shapeblue/hackerbook

Regards.

Posted by Simon Weller <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andre,