Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Egoitz Aurrekoetxea Aurre <eg...@infobiok.dynalias.com> on 2006/03/13 00:20:43 UTC

About scores

Hi everybody,

I wanted to know what's the meaning of the following numbers and how could
I customize for example this rule scores...

# DCC
ifplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC
score DCC_CHECK 0 1.37 0 2.17
endif # Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC

what does 0 1.37 0 and 2.17 mean?

wich one is the score added to score field in X-spam-status header?
wich should I change for enforce taggin as spam only with this check for
to get the spam score directly?

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea
Director técnico
INFOBIOK C.B.
Tfno : 94-6743721
Fax  : 94-6748621

Re: About scores

Posted by Matthias Fuhrmann <Ma...@stud.uni-hannover.de>.
On Mon, 13 Mar 2006, Egoitz Aurrekoetxea Aurre wrote:

hI,

> I wanted to know what's the meaning of the following numbers and how could
> I customize for example this rule scores...
>
> # DCC
> ifplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC
> score DCC_CHECK 0 1.37 0 2.17
> endif # Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC
>
> what does 0 1.37 0 and 2.17 mean?
            1 2    3     4

from Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf :

	The
         first score is used when both Bayes and network tests
         are disabled (score set 0). The second score is used
         when Bayes is disabled, but network tests are enabled
         (score set 1). The third score is used when Bayes is
         enabled and network tests are disabled (score set 2).
         The fourth score is used when Bayes is enabled and
         network tests are enabled (score set 3).

> wich one is the score added to score field in X-spam-status header?

depends on your config (bayes/network-tests).

> wich should I change for enforce taggin as spam only with this check for
> to get the spam score directly?

if you're about changing scores, do that in your local.cf

regards,
Matthias

Re: About scores

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
Egoitz Aurrekoetxea Aurre wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I wanted to know what's the meaning of the following numbers and how could
> I customize for example this rule scores...
>
> # DCC
> ifplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC
> score DCC_CHECK 0 1.37 0 2.17
> endif # Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC
>
> what does 0 1.37 0 and 2.17 mean?

Those are the four different scores, which are used depending on what
score-set is in effect.
> wich one is the score added to score field in X-spam-status header?

Depends on which score set you are using. Scoreset is chosen based on
the availablilty of bayes and/or network checks.

The first score is "set 0". This is used when NEITHER bayes nor network
tests are available
the next score is "set 1". This is used when network tests are enabled,
but bayes is disabled.
the next score is "set 2". This is used when network tests are disabled
and bayes is enabled.
the last score is "set 3". This is used when both are enabled.

> wich should I change for enforce taggin as spam only with this check for
> to get the spam score directly?

None, don't edit 50_scores.cf.. Don't edit any files in
/usr/share/spamassassin. They get wiped every time you upgrade.

If you want to alter a score, add a new score line to your
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf, or any .cf file of your choosing in
that directory. (some folks like to create a
/etc/mail/spamassassin/rescore.cf, or similar).

Since you're forcing a score, you don't need to declare 4 of them. You
can just declare one score and SA will automatically use that in all cases.

i.e:
score DCC_CHECK 1.0