Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Karthik N S <ka...@controlnet.co.in> on 2004/12/02 08:13:50 UTC

UNIQUE FIELD NAMES + SEARCH

Hi Guys'
Apologies........

I  My Index, I have a Filed Type KeyWord  ' FILE_NAME ' , It Captures UNIQUE
FOLDER NAME'S  [ Starts with  B1,B2,B3..... ]  During Indexing Process.

Please Can SomeBody Tell me How to Display  ALL the FOLDER NAMES  from the
Field  'FILE_NAME'  With out any Search Word

[ Can I use  'B* '  for Search Exclusively on the Field Type ]

Thx in Advance

      WITH WARM REGARDS
      HAVE A NICE DAY
      [ N.S.KARTHIK]

RE: UNIQUE FIELD NAMES + SEARCH

Posted by Karthik N S <ka...@controlnet.co.in>.
Hi Erik

Apologies...

 Thx That src worked perfectly.

 Wow that really overcame a huge boulder for me.

 .......... :|

with regards
Karthik

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Dec 2, 2004, at 2:13 AM, Karthik N S wrote:
> I  My Index, I have a Filed Type KeyWord  ' FILE_NAME ' , It Captures
> UNIQUE
> FOLDER NAME'S  [ Starts with  B1,B2,B3..... ]  During Indexing Process.
>
> Please Can SomeBody Tell me How to Display  ALL the FOLDER NAMES  from
> the
> Field  'FILE_NAME'  With out any Search Word

I guess if you keep asking, someone will eventually answer :)

Here's an example I use to get all categories from the Lucene index
that drives my blog at http://www.blogscene.org/erik

         Set categories = new TreeSet();

         IndexReader reader = IndexReader.open(indexDir);
         try {
             TermEnum terms = reader.terms(new Term("category", ""));
             while ("category".equals(terms.term().field())) {
                 categories.add(terms.term().text());

                 if (!terms.next()) {
                     break;
                 }