Posted to user@spark.apache.org by vinod kumar <vi...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/09 14:28:04 UTC

Data Processing speed SQL Vs SPARK

Hi Everyone,

I am new to spark.

Am using SQL in my application to handle data in my application.I have a
thought to move to spark now.

Is data processing speed of spark better than SQL server?

Thank,
Vinod

Re: Data Processing speed SQL Vs SPARK

Posted by ayan guha <gu...@gmail.com>.
I would probably also look at what kind of analytical use case is to
serve....for example unification of Streaming, Batch and machine learning
workloads can be easily achieved in Spark. This is one of the USP of Spark.

But if SQL is the only use case, and data volume <1 milion or 100 GB, I
think SMP/RDBMS will perform better.

--
Best Regards,
Ayan Guha