Posted to log4net-dev@logging.apache.org by Stephen Kirk <ki...@msn.com> on 2006/03/13 02:33:53 UTC

EntLib Application Block - interested?

I have developed an Enterprise Library v1.1 application block to provide a
configuration GUI for log4net 1.2.9.  I am more than willing to donate it if
you are interested.  Beware, it uses the EntLib configuration persistence
mechanism, so it doesn't create an XML config file that conforms to the
standard log4net XML.

Basically, I created functionality to build the configuration through the
EntLib GUI and provided an implementation of a ConfiguratorAttribute that
configures a Hierarchy appropriately.

I am unsure what I need to do to contribute.  As I mentioned, I am not sure
if you would be interested, but if you are we can start the process.

I assume that this is the appropriate place to post this.  If not, please
let me know.

Thanks.

Re: EntLib Application Block - interested?

Posted by Ron Grabowski <ro...@yahoo.com>.
Sounds interesting. Can we see a screen shot? A good place to post the
code would be on JIRA:

 http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4NET

If it doesn't find a home in the log4net distribution (I don't know if
the MS Shared Source License is compatible with the Apache License)
perhaps it can be part of a log4netContrib package hosted somewhere
else. I have a few small ASP.NET pattern converters:

 %aspnet-request{RawUrl}

that might make good log4netContrib canidates as well (until a complete
suite of ASP.NET patterns can be written?).