Posted to kerby@directory.apache.org by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com> on 2015/07/16 14:48:46 UTC

Move kerby-config and kerby-util modules out of lib to the top

Hi all,

The lib folder only contains two sub modules, kerby-config and kerby-util, which looks a little weird. I'm going to move them to the top, any concern? Thanks.

Regards,
Kai

RE: Move kerby-config and kerby-util modules out of lib to the top

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Thanks for the confirm. I will get it done when make sure it won't mess pending commits.

>>> Why would you like to move kerby-config and kerby-util one level ? (btw, I think 'lib' is an atrocious name).
> Initially Kiran used to propose positioning the two modules as top level modules, but I was afraid the global top level modules are too many, which doesn't happen in fact. It looks more natural to see the two modules as top level not only because of their functions in future, but also because we hardly have a good container name better than 'lib'. Sound good?

Sounds good to me. I don't like 'lib', it does not convey any information about what's in, and config and utils deserves to be put at top level.

Re: Move kerby-config and kerby-util modules out of lib to the top

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Thanks Jiajia and Emmanuel for the thoughts.

>> Depends. It's fine for a module to contain only 2 sub-modules. If you look at kerby-tool, this is the same story.
Yes, the count doesn't justify the change. My bad.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Li, Jiajia" <ji...@intel.com>.
I think it's fine.

Thanks